Live. Work. Create.
We are small law firm based out of Hurst, Texas. Our areas of practice include Personal Injury and Criminal Defense. We believe that access to quality education is a right and a right that should not leave you in financial debt. Education in Texas has been a political battleground for many years and the ones who are affected by it the most is you—the student.
- You must be currently enrolled in a 2-year college or 4-year university in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- For example, this can include UNT, UTA, UTD, TCC campuses, Texas Women’s, Texas Wesleyan, TCU etc.
- No specific GPA is required, but you will be asked to submit a letter of enrollment from your college to prove that you are a current student. A transcript or your spring 2019 class schedule is also acceptable.
Award amount: $2,500
This amount will be sent to your school by us and we will personally ask them to apply it towards your tuition.
The candidate should be able to write a well thought out paper based on the essay topic provided. This essay must be a minimum of 650 words.
Why do you feel you are a good candidate for this scholarship?
In addition to the essay, you are required to create an original “visual” that connects to your essay. By visual we literally mean anything. Here are a few examples:
- Advertisement, commercial, prints, labels
- Painting, drawing, murals, posters
- Cartoon, comic strips
- A sculpture such as carvings, ceramics, figurines, molds
- Clothing, fabric, wallcovering designs, weaving designs, needlework
- Glassblowing, stained glass design
- Graphic design
- Decals, stickers
The possibilities are endless. Get creative and show us why you are the right candidate for this scholarship.
The scholarship will be open for submissions from December 20th and will close on February 1st, 5:30 pm.
We will personally contact the finalist and notify their school.
Please print out your essay and submit it in person at the front desk of our office along with your visual and proof of enrollment. You will be asked to fill out a contact form.
235 NE Loop 820 | Suite 103
Hurst, TX 76053
Monday – Friday | 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Best of luck,
Matthew Pillado PLLC.
Payment Methods Accepted
The law firm of Matthew Pillado PLLC. accepts the usual methods of payment for legal services including cash, check, and major credit & debit cards. We also offer options for legal financing for our lawyers’ services. The details of the financing available for legal cases can be obtained by contacting our law office or scheduling a consultation with one of our attorneys.
Primary Practice Areas
To prevent a conviction or jail time, you need a tough Texas attorney to fight for you. Financing available for those who qualify. Learn More
Injured in a car wreck? Our lawyers will ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries. You pay nothing, Ever. Learn More